Friday, August 28, 2015

Phir Milenge

Though 1 September is still a few days off, my time at Seva Mandir is done.  Two months spent.  Village love loved.  Work struggles struggled.  Rajasthan adventures adventured.  Monsoon monsoon'd.  Shared space shared.  Presentation presented.  Bilkul bas.

The next few days will hold easy moments and probably the slow rush as my next weeks' exploration approach.  There are plenty of thoughts in reflection, but they don't need to be put down any time soon, if ever.  Sometimes there is a special release from a place or idea when it is left as it is and unfiltered by word after word.  Surely, "an unexamined life..." but there has been plenty in the last 12 posts.  And I think this is exactly what Udaipur begs of me, and I in turn of the city, a simple release and easy departure just like the sweet evening rains pre-monsoon.

And generally, Wonderland has a good word or two to share in any situation:

Alice took up the fan and gloves, and, as the hall was very hot, she kept fanning herself all the time she went on talking:  'Dear, dear!  How queer everything is today!  And yesterday things went on just so usual.  I wonder if I've been changed in the night?  Let me think:  was I the same when I got up this morning?  I almost think I can remember feeling a little different.  But if I'm not the same, the next question is, Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle!'

But really, it's not all that much different.   Just trading from one chai to another, between lakes, and some meals.

Perfect conclusion to my last village day -- committee meeting to put some ideas and action steps in place.

Receive me back, Chi?

Kherwara may be a highway-side madhouse, but it's got its spots if you look.

The best aloo paratha. ever. period.

I may have internet access in the next two weeks; if so, look for some posts here (Punjab) and there (Kashmir)!  Hitting the north hard hoping to hook in to new NGOs, then States-bound for continued movement-lust-filled weeks before classes. Chalo!!

ps, happy to send my presentation or report to anyone interested! Probably better materials than my blogposts on which my SM time actually focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment