Monday, July 13, 2015

Jodphur, the Blue City



My first trip away from Udaipur.  Just want to share a view photographic  highlights from it.  A Jodphur weekend.  Gratefully spent with this divine friend and many new ones!
And we even booked the same place to stay without previously discussing!
The 7-ish hours heading northwest by bus from Udaipur helped me to recognize how green everything in south Rajasthan actually is and that I was definitely heading towards the Thar Desert.  The steady progression into dryness was an interesting geographic change for me.



Fort Mehrangarh.

The distanced Umaid Bhawan Palace.

Looking below to the Blue City from within the Fort.

A resting room built on the top level.

And finally the Blue City below.
The beautiful temple structures inside the Mandore Gardens.




Obligatory nod to elephants.  
 More thoughts and reflections to come soon!  I have plenty from my bus rides there and back! Comin' 'atcha in a few days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment